Thinking about it, but haven’t gotten up the nerve?
Nothing, truly nothing, will improve your professionalism more than becoming a Toastmaster. Members learn by speaking to groups and working with others in a supportive environment. Each one-hour meeting gives everyone an opportunity to practice. We meet every Friday from 7:30 - 8:30, at the BBB office.
- Conducting Meetings. Members learn how to plan and conduct meetings.
- Giving impromptu speeches. Members present one-minute-or-less impromptu speeches on assigned topics.
- Presenting prepared speeches. Three or more members present speeches based on projects from manuals in Toastmasters’ proven communication and/or leadership program. Projects cover topics such as speech organization, vocal variety, language, gestures and persuasion.
- Offering constructive evaluation. Every prepared speaker is assigned an evaluator who points out speech strengths and offers suggestions for improvement.
Toastmasters provides the tools that enable employees to become effective presenters and leaders – all at a very low cost. Toastmasters training helps employees:
- Give better sales presentations
- Hone their management skills
- Work better with fellow employees
- Effectively develop and present ideas
- Offer constructive criticism
- Accept criticism more objectively
Additionally, we are a really cool group! Every one of us started where you are: a little nervous, a little apprehensive, curious.
There is no better time than now to get involved in something that will undoubtedly enhance your life. E-mail Kristal at email@example.com for more information or find us on Facebook, Twitter or at our website, www.summitcitytm.org.